Kris and Kari

Kris and Kari
Vegas

Monday, September 17, 2012

Then there were two..

I was debating if I should write this blog or not.  I was afraid it would sound too depressing or sad.  But I thought it was important to journal my thoughts, plus it isn't as sad and depressing as it comes off.



Here is a picture of the ultrasound from when I first saw the heartbeats.  Yes, that is plural.  We conceived twins.   It was very surreal, and everyone was beyond excited.  We were also very excited, and a little scared of all the planning we would have to do, but thrilled.   The above picture is at about 5 or 6 weeks.


I went back 2 weeks later, after telling our families and a few friends, to find out only one baby made it.  I was a little sad, but my doctors were all very optimistic.  They told me because my blood sugar levels are so great, and my diabetes is under control, there will be no problem having another pregnancy.   Besides, we didn't loose both babies.  There was still one perfectly healthy baby and heartbeat.  We are still thrilled to be parents for the first time.  In the picture above, they were still so small.  Even though there was only one baby now, my next checkup was very exciting seeing how much it grew in just 2 weeks time.

We did have a really cute pregnancy announcement.  Check out the pictures below..





Two feet is still a lot to grow by!

One doctor actually said, "I hope I don't put salt on your wound, but I am really happy you are only having one at this time.  Your pregnancy is very high risk, and there has to be so much watch and control. If you were having twins it would make everything a lot harder. You'll be able to have another one day."

From that point forward we knew it was meant to be.  Plus I like to think I have one super baby that took the power and smartness from the other.  :)

1 comment:

  1. The pics are sooo cute, I hope you redo them with one pair of shoes maybe get a blue pair!
    And way to be positive, supersmart baby incoming... just watch out he doesn't fool you with cute looks.

    ReplyDelete