Kris and Kari

Kris and Kari
Vegas

Friday, September 7, 2012

Oh boy!

I get an ultrasound a little more frequently than the average pregnant lady.  I do not mind, I feel safe getting the extra care,  and love seeing my little guy.

At our 12 week check up with our perinatologist, he told us they can tell the gender this early with about 80% guarantee.  We wanted to know!  He is a great doctor, and was cracking us up.  Saying, "Oh Kari, that is a big boy, you'll need special diapers!" 


Kris and I talked several times about doing a fun gender reveal idea we got from Pinterest.  The cupcake idea seemed fun and easy, and it was!  The only hard part was that Kris forgot about the cupcakes, and once we found out  it was likely a boy, he was so excited he text the below picture to his family.


 We already bought these "Fun Da Middle" cupcakes where you can enter cream filling, so I still wanted to make them for a few people anyway.  They were simple instructions to follow, and we just used food coloring to make the cream blue instead of white.




 Turned out pretty cute, yeah?


I took them to my Mom's house and had my sisters come over with their children.   I had them stand in one corner if they thought boy, and the other if they thought girl.  My mom said she was standing in the middle because she had no idea.











A few weeks later we went to a 3D/4D Ultrasound location to determine the gender - 100%, because my next doctor appointment wasn't until 20 weeks, and we were anxious to know for sure.



The cool thing about that place - they have a big couch so we could invite friends and family.  Both of baby Cichoski's grandmas came, and lots of Aunties and 2 cousins.   It was cool to see it, and have everyone there. My mom hasn't seen an ultrasound in person since I was in her belly!! I can only imagine how much the quality has changed.




100% Boy stuff.. He already has a few new outfits.  Aunt Kristen got him a cute swimsuit. I got the cutest little sweater he can wear next winter.  So beforehand,  I wanted a girl, but after seeing a healthy boy and cute boy clothes that do exist, I am so happy, and am already loving this little boy.  You can bet we will be doing all the cute baseball stuff for this little boy.  Pinterest has given us the best ideas. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment